Wake County Schools extends suspension of sports until further notice.
By Nick Stevens, HighSchoolOT managing editor
CARY, N.C. — Wake County Schools announced on Friday, July 10th that the sports suspension has once again been extended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
High school athletics in Wake County, the state's largest school district, were set to begin on Monday, but the suspension has now been extended with no set date for return.
"After careful review of COVID-19 trends in Wake County and in the state of North Carolina, we have determined that it is not prudent to resume athletic and co-curricular activities at this time, nor for the foreseeable future. Therefore all voluntary workouts and practices are suspended indefinitely," the district wrote in an email to school administrators.
Click on the link for the rest of the story...WCPSS Suspends Sports
What can you do during this down time?
1. Register for football using the following link: Football 2020
2. Start conditioning - you need to take some time preferrably in the mornings at 7 am to do some running and agility drills around your home. Start keeping a log of what you are doing each day and then work to improve those numbers.
3. Spend time outside acclimating to summer heat. Don't be that guy that stays inside playing Madden all day and then expects to be ready for a HOT summer practice. You need to acclimate yourself to outdoor heat.
4. Find odd jobs around your home that you can do to help your family out. Examples: Mow the lawn, spread some mulch, powerwash the deck or house, wash the cars, play with your pets, cut some wood, help out a neighbor or your grandparents.
5. Stay in contact with your position coaches! Make sure at least once a week you are connecting with your position coaches. You can text them through HUDL. We want to know how you guys are doing and want to stay connected with you.